Comic Book Blogs That Are Better Than Mine - Part I

"Last Published on March 3rd, 2010"
Way to go. I totally deserve a pat on the back for my rampant neglect of you devoted followers. Do I have a good excuse? Not really. But I have a few theories:

Four Months worth of reading. It doesn't sound like much, but that's A LOT of catching up to do.

I can't walk into a comic book store and leave empty handed. It is a problem. With the giant stack of unread books staring at me, I choose to add to the pile. I must be bad at math, cause I can't seem to figure out the basics of addition and subtraction...
I would be a pasty-faced pussy-cove chickaleary in this case.

I'm breaking one of my rules for reading. Treating it like a necessary task. Catching up can be daunting, but only if I treat it as a job rather than an optional, albeit rewarding past time. I need to remind myself to enjoy the ride, and that I won't miss anything if it takes me longer to catch up. 
There are a lot of awesome comic blogs out there. They serve as distraction from my own writing and also serve as constant reminders that I am very new to this comic book blogging universe (I'd barely be a speck of dust in an asteroid belt around a recently formed star). Here's a rundown of what you should be reading while I continue to catch up and write:

4thletter!
A group blog that is comprised of - you guessed it - four very opinionated scribes. It's hard not to get involved in the comment sections, as readers tend to be as feisty as the writers. Comic book commentary with food 4 thought!

The Beat
It is exactly what it sounds like. A round up of news in the world of of comic books, you'll find the latest announcements from conventions, running commentary on ongoing events such as Omnnibus Dome, and other tidbits relevant to the comic book fan that follows the industry as much as the books.

Comics Alliance
You'll find a little bit of everything here from industry news to interviews to tear-inducingly hilarious features like the recent Renaming Comic Books As What You Really Say About Them. You'll also find write ups on toys, manga, games, and comic book movie adaptations. They also update like gangbusters, so there's plenty of reading here.


Covered
A gem in the world of comic book blogging, Covered offers the opportunity for artists to submit  renditions of their favorite comic book covers. There was even a recent exhibition featuring the artwork from the blog hosted by Los Angeles comic book store Secret Headquarters. Hilarity and entertainment ensues.


(Recommendations To be Continued....)